First time going on a snowboard/ski trip and don’t know what to pack?
Here’s a checklist to guide you on what to bring or prepare for your first time (I will use snowboard and ski interchangeably):
For Falling Down the Slopes
- Snowboard/Skis + Ski Poles (if you are skiing)
- Snowboarding/Ski Bag (if you are traveling by plane)
- Snowboard/Ski Boots
- Snowboard Helmet
- Snowboard Gloves/Mittens (waterproof!)
- Snowboard Goggles (unnecessary if you are a total noob and do not expect to shred too hard)
- Protective Gear (if necessary aka if you’re a total noob)
- These items include knee guards, impact shorts, and back protectors
- Warm clothes – Layering is key (so you can take off or put on layers depending on the temperature)
- Thick, waterproof jacket and pants
- Fleece sweater/sweatshirts
- Thermal / Long sleeve shirts (Base layers)
- Sunscreen and chapstick (preferably the ones with SPF)
- Hydration packs / Backpack
- Lift Pass
- The earlier you buy your lift pass, the more you save!
- As of January 2018, if you buy it at the ticket window, it’s $159 for a single day lift ticket. When you purchase your ticket 7+ days in advance online, it will cost you $127 (saving you $32). However, if you have a Costco membership, they have a 5 pack for $450 ($90 per person).
** PROTIP: If you are going to rent your snowboarding/skiing gear, rent it in town and not on the mountain! You will pay for convenience if you don’t.
For The Cabin
- ALCOHOL (Important for warmth!)
- Water (essentials)
- Blankets & Pillows (if the cabin does not have enough blankets and pillows for everyone)
- Board games